Tuesday 25 October 2016

A New Dawn - WIP - Genestealer Cults

Test Models and Patriarch



I had a spare ravener and decided to draw up some test schemes for the Tyranids and Genestealers for the new cult Army. 

I focused on a pale skin (ushabti bone) and a very dark purple (naggoth night) for the carapace. I looked at using the Incubi Darkness for the claws.


Having established my paint scheme (in principle) I have started painting the patriarch for the army as its overall leader, ready for Game 1. 


Here is the WIP with the skin completed and the claws and horns started to be painted, this took forever!


Here is the carpace and brain painted. I avoided traditional and went with the design from the zoanthrope painting guide in 'Invasion Swarms'

It has given the model a very individual look and now just have the basing to complete.

1 comment: